[Here are the steps to be taken to view, delete or compose mail on the Internet mail facility]
1. Open your Internet browser (i.e. Internet Explorer; Netscape; Opera etc.)
2. At the top of that window you will see a bar titled address, or URL. Type the following address in that box
3. You will be brought to the following window:
4. Now it is imperative to understand that there is a huge difference between a dialup username and password, and an e-mail username and password. The two are not related, even if they are the same!!! A dialup username provides a user with access to the Netralink server and network, which gives you access to the Internet. The e-mail username and password allows you to access a specific mailbox that has been created on that server with the specific purpose to store your incoming mail that you still need to download.
5. In Figure 1, you are required to enter you e-mail username and
password to gain access to your mailbox on our server. In the box that says name, you enter your e-mail username. In the box that says password, you enter your e-mail password. All this should have been provided to you after you registered with Netralink IBSP.
[If you do not have your information, please contact our Service Center on 0860 223 638. They will then assist you in receiving this information.]
6. Next click on login, and it will take you to the following window.
7. This window shows you a list of all of your current messages lying on our mail server. To view a message you have to click with your mouse on the subject of the message that appears after the + sign, for example '+ test' in figure 2.
8. Now you can read your message and view or download any
attachments that you have in that message. To view an attachment you click on the name of the attachment as shown under the title 'Attachments:' in Figure 3. It will open up the attachment in your Internet browser. To save it on your computer or, download it, you click on the 'download' link next to the attachment also shown in Figure 3.
9. In Figure 4 you can see that it is also possible to reply to a mail sent from someone to you. All you need to do is click on 'reply' as shown in the top right hand corner. You can also forward that mail to someone else whom you'd also like to have that information by clicking on 'forward' also in the top right hand corner next to reply.
10. To compose mail, you click on either 'compose' or 'compose (New Window)' which will open up the compose box in a new Internet window. This way you can write mail and send it to people via the web mail facility. You can see this in Figure 4 at the top of the window.
11. To delete messages you need to go back to the page displayed in Figure 2. You can do so by clicking on 'Inbox' with your mouse, which can be seen on the left hand bar in figure 2. Once on that page, you will once again see the list of all your messages. Just before the name of the person who sent you the message there is a white check box. To delete a message you select it by clicking in the box, and a tick will appear as in Figure 5.
You then click on the delete box on the top right hand side of your current page shown in Figure 6. This will then delete that specific message off our server. It is important to know that if you don't delete the messages from the server, the next time you use a program like Outlook Express, it will then still have to download that mail off our server.
It's simple, easy and effective. This way you have the ability to manage your mail optimally. You can read, view attachments, delete messages, and even send mail from the web mail interface before downloading all of it to your mail client. (eg. Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Pegasus mail etc.)
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact the Netralink Service Center on 0860 223 638. Happy mailing!